Homicide Survivors, Inc. has been closely monitoring and rapidly responding to the impact of the COVID-19 virus in our community.
In the midst of the evolving COVID-19 outbreak, we are taking the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, Survivors, and all members of our community into serious consideration. We are monitoring new information as it becomes available from the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, and national and local government.
Until further notice, we are encouraging all staff to work from home as much as possible and minimize in-person contact with the public.
This doesn’t mean that HSI services will stop on any level, it just means that we will practice precautions and utilize technological alternatives where we can. With that being said, HSI will be making the following changes:
- Ongoing support and assistance will be provided to Survivors via phone and video conferencing;
- Court support will be limited to trials where Survivors have confirmed attendance. All other court notifications will be done via telephone or electronic communication;
- Monthly support groups will be facilitated via Google Hangouts video conferencing. HSI advocates will send out a link for Survivors to join via email, social media, and our website. Learn more about Google Hangouts here;
- Our online support group, #SurvivorStrong, is available to Survivors via Facebook and will continue, uninterrupted. Request to join here;
- Walk & Talk support group has been canceled until further notice;
- Healing through Yoga in-person sessions are canceled until further notice. A video of the yoga session will be posted online every Saturday for Survivors to practice from the comfort of their own home.
This is a dynamic issue, with recommendations from health officials changing often. HSI will be flexible and creative as we continue our mission to meet survivors’ needs.
We want to assure you that HSI is fully prepared to continue to serve, support, and advocate for Survivors in our communities, even if it becomes necessary to limit personnel presence within our physical office space. The majority of HSI staff are prepared to work from home if needed, to keep operations running smoothly.
We appreciate your continued support and understanding; please feel free to contact our staff with any questions or concerns by phone at 520-207-5012 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the Pima County Health Department’s website.
Homicide Survivors, Inc.